Friday, March 14, 2014

Ice Cube Isn't a Fan Of Macklemore Or his Grammy Win Over Kendrick Lamar!

    Ok so I'm going to be honest with you guys and if you don't like it then hey tough sailing. This year's Grammy's really shocked me when Macklemore & Ryan Lewis won hip hop album of the year. I mean I had only heard one song from them and I wasn't impressed with it at all. However, Kendrick Lamar's album was a breathe of fresh air from start to finish, I even bought the album on iTunes. I do know that I'm not the only one who felt outraged that Kendrick didn't win, another hip hop artist Ice Cube felt the same way.
   
    "It's typical," Ice Cube says in an interview with the Associated Press as published by Billboard. "It's the Grammy's. What do you expect? But for them to pass up true skills for what could be fly-by-night success...I don't want to dis anybody, but seriously."  
 Ice Cube had this to say on the events that took place at the 2014 Grammy's;

    To be honest I have to fully agree with him because Cube has a valid point, I mean what is hip hop now a sing along game or a genre of real creativity filled with punchlines, melodic tunes and talented artists with longevity?


    Ryan Lewis reportedly sent  Kendrick Lamar a text message stating that he felt Kendrick was "robbed and that he and Macklemore only won due to an unfair race advantage". Do you guys feel that they deserved the grammy for best hip hop album of the year? Do you feel that there are racial issues with the grammy selection process?. To be honest if you guys remember when Eminem first came onto the scene every award show in the world that catered to a white audience heavily awarded the rap star to. The Grammy's and the MTV Music awards.

      I just hope that these issues can be cleared up with the how the Grammy's choose it's winners and that in the future it will be done fairly due to popularity and numbers not race. With our president being of mixed race you would think that the world around us would be moving towards a more equal race approach by now. Unfortunately, despite what I and others want that is just not the case guys.

    We need to let hip hop evolve but we also need to show love and support to those artists that are actually moving it forward guys. The video above is where Macklemore discusses the whole situation.
      




Make sure to Follow me on twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/TheRealVMoolah
and subscribe to my blog as well guys.
I make sure I give you what you want to know and deserve to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment