Monday, February 24, 2014

Retro Jordans scam! Don't Fall for The Hype

     So as all of my sneaker heads know the retro Jordan 10's (powder blue, black and white) were released on Saturday that just passed Feb 22,2014, and 2 separate pair of Jordan's retro 6's (white and infrared, and porche red and black) were released the Saturday after valentine's day.  All three releases were priced at $170.00 retail and only available in select stores to certain individuals with winning raffle tickets and also online at certain websites on a first come first serve basis.  Below are pictures of all 3 shoes, and now I will get to the point of my post.


                                                         
    As I stood in line for my pair of retro jordan 13's on both Saturday's, I was approached by two women that asked me what shoe size I wore. Due to the fact that it was 1. Early and 2. their question caught me off guard my reply was almost instantaneous, I responded quickly and dryly "Why"?. The answer one of the women gave me shocked the heck out of me you guys, she said "well we wanted to know because we have three winning lottery raffle tickets for size 9 in men's that we are willing to sell for $275.00 a piece so do you by chance need a size 9".

      Now I can't lie you guys a cluster bomb of rage and irritation rose up in me out of nowhere, I replied "You gotta be kidding me there are only $170.00 so no I'm not interested in your raffle ticket for almost a hundred freaking dollars then what they are worth"!
   
       Shaken up by my forceful response, they both looked at me said "whatever" and walked up to each and every other person in line trying to scam them out of an extra $100.00. See to be honest guys, everyone is issued a raffle ticket when they go to their local sneaker store to sign their name on the raffle ticket list.

       However, only the people called by each shoe store and told personally that they have been chosen to be able to purchase the retro jordan 6's are supposed to show up on that Saturday when the store opens at 8am to pick up their shoe. The problem is, random people with raffle tickets that were not personally contacted show up anyway. Just to try to make a quick buck off of people that did not get a chance to sign up for the raffle for each shoe for whatever reason trying to sweet talk the store employees into selling them a pair anyway.
   
       So picture this, you break your neck and the neighborhood speed limit to be the first or at least fifth person in line waiting for the Footaction to open. The employees raise the gate and say "If you don't have a raffle ticket with a number that is on our selected tickets list you won't get a pair of Retro Jordan's today"!.

      Then all of sudden right before you start to cuss one of the employees out or try to sweet talk them into selling you a pair out of the kindness of their heart, someone yells out that they have a raffle ticket for your size shoe that is a guaranteed winner. You rush over to them and ask "how much?". They tell you $275.00 and you know the price is to steep and down right ridiculous, but because you have to have retro jordans you cough up the money with a tight fit cold cash.

        They disappear and you rush back in line this time at the back since you lost your place, you wait for an hour to get back  to the front only to be told by one of the employees that the ticket you have was not one of the one's selected. Now, guess what? That scam artist knew their ticket wasn't selected for the retro jordan 6's, thy didn't receive a call from the shoe store, but with your $275.00 in their pocket they can now go by a pair online or use your money for something else.
    
        Please, please, please be smart guys if you get a raffle ticket and no store employee calls you, get your butt up before 8am get on the store's website and purchase the retro Jordan's there at 8am. Remember though it will always be first come first serve, but if you can get the shoe in your online cart you are home free and at the most you will pay shipping plus the $170.00 for the shoe not an outrageous $200.00 or more dollars!







Make sure to Follow me on twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/TheRealVMoolah
and subscribe to my blog as well guys.
I make sure I give you what you want to know and deserve to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment